Android Camp is open to students who:
- Are a current first year undergraduate enrolled in a 3-year BA/BS program at a university in Europe and Israel.
- Are a current first or second year undergraduate enrolled in a 4-year BA/BS program at a university in Europe and Israel.
- Are studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate academic excellence in science and math coursework at the high school and university level, and have taken at least one university level Computer Science course.
- Have at least a year of proven Java development experience.
- Have appropriate passport and travel documents (if needed) to travel to London, UK on August 11th - 17th, 2013.
This program is open to all qualified university students.
Does this sound like you? If you're ready to apply, please be prepared to submit the below materials. Please note that applications will only be considered if all of the materials below are included and submitted by the deadline.
Note: be sure to submit all materials in English. If your school does not offer transcripts in English, upload the original, non-English transcripts as well as your English translation of your transcripts. Please have your translation confirmed by an official authority of the university such as the Dean or Provost.
- An updated resume (preferably in .pdf format).
- A current unofficial or official University transcript
- For first year university students, a High School transcript as well (preferably in .pdf format).
- A two paragraph essay (500 words or less) addressing the following questions :
- What excites you about the Android platform?
- What specific experience do you have with Java development? (Please be as detailed as possible.)
- A brief recommendation from a professor whom you’ve taken a CS course with, addressing your CS strengths and learning abilities.
- Have appropriate passport and travel documents (if needed) to travel to London, UK in August for the duration of the program.
Important Dates to Remember
Applications for European Android Camp will open on February 1st, 2013. Please visit our application page to apply. The deadline to apply will be midnight (UK time) on April 5th, 2013. The European Android Camp will be held in the London office August 11th - 17th, 2013. Only students who are able to attend for the duration of the camp should apply.