Software Engineer, PhD New Grad - Europe
This position can be based in Zurich, Switzerland; Munich, Germany; Aarhaus, Denmark; Paris, France; Haifa or Tel Aviv, Israel; St. Petersburg or Moscow, Russia.
The area: Engineering and Operations
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The role: Software Engineer, PhD New Grad
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies which have changed how millions interact, making accessible and useful the world's information. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search To handle information at the the scale of the web requires ideas from every areas of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications. You will develop prototypes quickly and create robust high-volume production applications.
- Develop for specialist domains: client application development for Windows/Mac (Chrome, Toolbar, etc.), embedded systems and mobile apps (Android), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers), infrastructure, internationalization, networking, and more.
- PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Large scale systems design experience with knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- Experience programming in C++ and/or Java.
- Research experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Compilers, Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Networking, or Systems.
- Extensive programming experience in C/C++ and/or Java (strong OO skills).
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees, or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.