Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming
CPU
i7 6700k Skylake
Graphics
XFX Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
So I think I might have bricked my hackintosh. I cannot get it to boot either from the SSD or from a thumb drive.

I can get into BIOS and I can get to clover boot manager but I cannot get into the OS at all.

Any and all help would be appreciated. This is my first build and it has worked flawlessly for over a year and so I don't really know where to start. I don't know if its a clover boot issue and I don't know how to update clover without getting into the OS. I believe that I have all the BIOS settings updated correctly (according to the guide I found here) but it won't boot and it keeps telling me that the OS is "not yet set"

Won't boot in safe - won't boot in verbose

Here is a terrible pic of the error screen on boot
IMG_4460.jpg

Build:
Gigabyte BA-Z170X MB
Intel core i7 processor
GeForce GTX 1060 GFX card
2x 16GB DDR4 Ram in slots 1&2

So I think I might have bricked my hackintosh. I cannot get it to boot either from the SSD or from a thumb drive.

I can get into BIOS and I can get to clover boot manager but I cannot get into the OS at all.

Any and all help would be appreciated. This is my first build and it has worked flawlessly for over a year and so I don't really know where to start. I don't know if its a clover boot issue and I don't know how to update clover without getting into the OS. I believe that I have all the BIOS settings updated correctly (according to the guide I found here) but it won't boot and it keeps telling me that the OS is "not yet set"

Won't boot in safe - won't boot in verbose

Here is a terrible pic of the error screen on boot
View attachment 345411

Build:
Gigabyte BA-Z170X MB
Intel core i7 processor
GeForce GTX 1060 GFX card
2x 16GB DDR4 Ram in slots 1&2
you need to update your lilu kexts

Thanks. I read that in another thread but I can't figure out how to update the kext. Like I said I cannot get the computer to boot so how do I update the lilu kext? I have looked at some of the guides on here and none of it makes sense to me. I'm at a loss.
boot with argument -liluoff or safe mode -x

then remove the kexts and install new updated versions

boot with argument -liluoff or safe mode -x

then remove the kexts and install new updated versions

I've tried to boot in safe mode and it hangs up about 3/4 through and won't actually boot.

How (literally step by step) do I boot with the argument -liluoff?

I've tried to boot in safe mode and it hangs up about 3/4 through and won't actually boot.

How (literally step by step) do I boot with the argument -liluoff?
at clover screen, press right arrow on keyboard until you get to options, hit that and then scroll to arguments, then you can enter in your argument

at clover screen, press right arrow on keyboard until you get to options, hit that and then scroll to arguments, then you can enter in your argument
Thanks so much! I got it to boot and it says it's running OS 10.12.6 which is confusing because I thought it updated to 10.13.6 when I accidentally failed to skip the automatic update...

Thanks so much! I got it to boot and it says it's running OS 10.12.6 which is confusing because I thought it updated to 10.13.6 when I accidentally failed to skip the automatic update...
when you do the update, it will reboot a few times and you have to keep choosing to boot macos from install.. (or something similar) until you can boot macOS normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back