Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V LX
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I made my install USB for Sierra, and I put one of the preset config.plist files on, the "config.plist-UEFI-iMac14,2" (I think it was called). Whenever I try to boot it, I either get a kernel panic or a boot.efi error -- The type of error I get depends pn which settings I use. I fear that it may be because of the config file, but now I am unable to get on and fix it... I have tried using nv_disable (since I always need this to boot), disabling the kernel cache, the 'Inject Kexts' option, and safe even safe mode but nothing seems to be working... Can somebody please help me??

rPlGipq.jpg

iQ6ngtQ.jpg

I made my install USB for Sierra, and I put one of the preset config.plist files on, the "config.plist-UEFI-iMac14,2" (I think it was called). Whenever I try to boot it, I either get a kernel panic or a boot.efi error -- The type of error I get depends pn which settings I use. I fear that it may be because of the config file, but now I am unable to get on and fix it... I have tried using nv_disable (since I always need this to boot), disabling the kernel cache, the 'Inject Kexts' option, and safe even safe mode but nothing seems to be working... Can somebody please help me??

It actually looks like a kernel panic due to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. The 'system uptime in nanoseconds' is just the logging of the kernel panic. It's tough to diagnose and fix over forums, but you probably need to consider installing
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext until you figure out why the apple provided power management kext fails. You can google about NullCPUPowerManagement to download the kext and install.

Check out this link, it may be a help:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/k...nvolving-appleintelcpupowermanagement.146671/

It actually looks like a kernel panic due to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. The 'system uptime in nanoseconds' is just the logging of the kernel panic. It's tough to diagnose and fix over forums, but you probably need to consider installing
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext until you figure out why the apple provided power management kext fails. You can google about NullCPUPowerManagement to download the kext and install.

Check out this link, it may be a help:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/k...nvolving-appleintelcpupowermanagement.146671/

Thanks for the reply! :D
Unfortunately, I cannot boot into OS X, and I have no other Mac systems available, so I can't install kexts to my USB... Any ideas?

Assuming you have a bootable USB disk with clover (such as what Unibeast creates) then you can insert said USB disk into a PC and install the NullCPUPowerManagement into EFI/Clover/kexts (along with FakeSMC, which usually already is there). Then you can boot your computer off the USB disk and use clover boot your drive. From there you can mount your EFI and install the kext permanently (or you can install it to /Library/Extensions if you prefer).

However if your USB does not have Unibeast on it you will need to find a Mac and create one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back