Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa

View Stats:
Richie Jan 16, 2015 @ 1:36pm
Offroad
I think some offroad vehicles and track would be a lot of fun.

Thumbs up if you agree
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
SeriousSpy Jan 16, 2015 @ 1:41pm 
It's not just a matter of making some 3D models and tracks.

They'd have to fully simulate a loose surface, which would take a lot of time and money. It's not something you can just whip up in half-an-hour.

Sure, it'd be nice to have it, but there are things way higher on the priority list.

Would you rather have weather, a day/night cycle, or loose surface simulation?

Not to mention that it would take a long time, time that could be spent adding more content to the game.

I'd love it, but it isn't happening, especially any time soon.

There are some mods that add "rally" cars and a few rally style tracks, but it's not a proper simulation, it can be kinda fun, but it's essentially just driving on grass that looks like dirt.
Ragequit Inc. Jan 16, 2015 @ 5:04pm 
Not gonna happen. If you're looking for a *dirty* sim, look no further than RBR.
SeriousSpy Jan 16, 2015 @ 5:20pm 
Can't wait for GRally, has there been any updates on that?
=GFC=Bock Jan 16, 2015 @ 6:56pm 
Originally posted by SeriousSpy:
Can't wait for GRally, has there been any updates on that?

Hmm..... Haven't heard of it before. Is it a serious project? I would love an up to date rally sim!!
SeriousSpy Jan 16, 2015 @ 6:59pm 
It's being done by a bunch of RBR modders. Google it and it should come up with a couple of Twitter pages, lots of interesting screenshots.
Major Issue Jan 16, 2015 @ 11:23pm 
rFactor/Stock Car Extreme also has offroad mods and they are pretty awesome experience, I saw also some rally stuff for AC but I didn't tried almost any mods yet.

People behind gRally said it is ready for open beta in 2014 and nothing again, who knows if it will be ever released.
SeriousSpy Jan 16, 2015 @ 11:23pm 
Their twitter accounts are pretty active, I think it's safe to say that it's not dead.

Remember when AC was supposed to be released in 2012?
Major Issue Jan 17, 2015 @ 1:39am 
Originally posted by SeriousSpy:
Their twitter accounts are pretty active, I think it's safe to say that it's not dead.

Remember when AC was supposed to be released in 2012?

But it still looks very behind RBR I think, there is no other surface than tarmac at this point, am I right?
But still we do have progressing physics mods to RBR which is nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKnOLlDNXrQ
SeriousSpy Jan 17, 2015 @ 1:40am 
To be fair, it's extremely early in development...
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 16, 2015 @ 1:36pm